Corn chowder is a personal favorite, and I love the addition of the cheddar and the use of turmeric!
I try a lot of new recipes, but there are a few that I repeat EVERY season. This is one of them. I make it with fresh corn- but at the end of the season- when it starts to get chilly and we are ready to eat warm soup. This recipe was adapted from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten.
Note: I wrote a guest post on SimplyVegetarian777.wordpress.com with a vegetarian version of this delicious soup. The recipe can be found here.
- 8 ounces bacon (about 8 slices)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups chopped yellow or sweet onions (3 to 4 large onions)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds medium-diced boiling potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 -10 cups corn kernels, fresh (from 10 ears)
- 2 cups half-and-half
View original post 143 more words
2 thoughts on “Cheddar Corn Chowder”
I make this soup EVERY year. Love it!
Thanks for a great rread