It’s not often that something truly new is invented that dramatically changes the cleaning process, so when ADVAP introduced its Ladybug with the patented TANCS® dry steam vapor disinfecting system 10 years ago, we knew we had a revolutionary product but that we also had a responsibility to educate cleaning professionals and consumers. After all, military-invented bleach, ammonia, and similar chemical solutions had been the standard for generations, certainly long enough for them to create a space in our memories as the “smell of clean.”
But as science often does, it shows us better, safer, healthier, easier, and faster ways to accomplish the tasks that are integral to our lives. The ADVAP Ladybug with TANCS® is
- Better at penetrating soils and microbial films, resulting in a truer clean
- Safer to skin, eyes, nostrils and lungs than high-VOC chemical cleaners – even the “green,” “natural,” and “organic” ones with scents that re-contaminate indoor air
- Healthier because more soil and microorganisms are removed and there are no chemicals in use to leave residues behind accidentally
- Easier to use than the old standard “spray-and-wipe” method of cleaning, which requires multiples: spray, dwell, wipe, rinse, dry and sometimes repeat
- Faster to disinfect in 2-7 seconds as opposed to 2-10 minutes for most disinfectants – plus the dry steam vapor cleans at the same time, reducing 2 steps (cleaning then disinfecting) into one.
And the best news is that you can win a FREE Ladybug 2300 with TANCS® in our upcoming photo contest and giveaway!
The photo submissions and voting starts March 29, but you’ll want to start getting your Ladybug out and practicing your before-and-after routine. You never know when that great contrast situation – you know, the really gross ones that don’t look that gross at first – are going to show up in your schedule. And you’ll want a good collection of before-and-afters to choose from as your final submission to the contest:
The Ladybug before-and-after submission with the most votes wins 1 ADVAP Ladybug 2300.
And a second ADVAP Ladybug 2300 will be awarded in a drawing from among the votes – and ANYONE can vote, not just Ladybug owners!
Here’s what you can do to get yourself ready to submit the best Ladybug before-and-after photo on March 29th:
Practice Your Photos
To ensure that you capture clear, well-lit photos in a high resolution format, let’s make sure your camera settings are ready. Whether you are using a digital camera or the camera in your smart phone or tablet, navigate to the settings and adjust for these levels:
Oh, and one more thing: to set the scale of the area or fixture select a standard sized item like a yard stick for large areas of flooring or a 12-inch or 6-inch ruler for smaller areas or fixtures like faucets. Other universally sized items that may be used to show scale include
- Unsharpened pencil
- Dollar bill or quarter
- Battery (with the size visible in the photograph)
This will also help you to focus your photograph in nearly the same way for both the before and the after shots.
You want to take at three different shots of the soiled area and later the same cleaned area with your camera/phone:
Physically close up – zoomed all the way out so that every detail appears clearly in the photograph
- Physically farther away – to give perspective of the soiled area within the larger space
- About halfway in between those two shots – this shot often includes enough soiling detail and spatial awareness for a great contrast in the after photograph
Prepare Your Clients
If you don’t already have a photo release written into your standard service agreement, this may be the time for you to add and implement that.
And if you’re not ready for that step, gain permission from clients before taking photos to take photos and use them for marketing purposes using a simple 1-page release like this one.
Find Your Scene
Arguably, the trickiest part of any before-and-after photo contest is finding the best “before” situation, especially when you don’t always know what you’re walking into.
In general, the places that get the most visually dirty and go neglected for the longest times are “wet” places:
- Bathrooms – especially kids’ bathrooms
- Kitchen sinks
- Exterior door frames
- Sliding door tracks
Also check your add-on cleaning items like
- Refrigerator door handles, grills, and especially the seal around the door
- Oven interior
- Outdoor grill
- Deck or porch floor
Get more great ideas here.
Start searching for your best scene today by taking before photos of all of these common areas, even if they don’t look terrible. Particularly in the case of grout, you never really know if it’s supposed to be white or a surprising color instead of that dingy dark grey.
Prepare Your Before-and-After Photo Submission
Use a free photo app on your smart phone or table to create your before-and-after photo. We’ve found these to be widely adopted for just this kind of use, easy to use, and available free from iTunes and GooglePlay:
- Photo Grid
- Pic Collage
- Before After Collages
And don’t forget to compose a great caption for your photo.
Be sure to follow Advanced Vapor Technologies and Cleaning Business Today on Facebook as we embark on a 2-month education series on the benefits of adopting the Ladybug with TANCS® to maintain a healthy home for yourself and for your cleaning clients.
Connect with Rick Hoverson on LinkedIn.
Connect with Randy Zielsdorf on LinkedIn.
Originally published February 26, 2016 at CleaningBusinessToday.com.