Download the free ISSA/Interclean 2015 mobile app, load up your targets, take notes, and let the app guide you around the trade show floor!
You could “wing it.” Convention, that is. Especially if this is your first time attending, you may not have realized that the word “convention” is much larger than you think.
Your registration for the ARCSI Convention includes entry into the ISSA Trade Show and many of the ISSA activities, but those two organizations are working in parallel. They have two different schedules for you to keep track of. They have different hotels.
But the one thing they share is the ISSA/Interclean 2015 mobile app:
- BOTH convention education schedules
- ALL trade show vendors
- ALL shared activities, like the keynote speakers and the Scavenger Hunt
So here’s what you should be doing in the last four weeks before arriving in Las Vegas for the conventions:
- Download the ISSA Mobile App to your phone and tablet
- Login with your 6-digit badge number – ARCSI or BSCAI can provide you with your ISSA badge number (whichever association you’re registered through)
- Select the first photo section that says 700+ Exhibitors; be sure to favorite
- ARCSI – Booth 3293
- Cleaning Business Today – Booth 3296
- Other booths that reflect the results of your Business Needs Assessment
- Select the photo that says 40+ Seminars; be sure to favorite these ISSA sessions by specialists in residential cleaning or open to all at the trade show:
- State of the Residential Cleaning Industry
- Creating a Culture of Promotion
- Show Floor Happy Hour
- Improving Customer Retention and Employee Retention in Tandem
- Scroll down and select the icon for Co-located Events and choose ARCSI; favorite the sessions you’re choosing to attend – especially those times when there are two happening at the same time. If you like to look at a printed schedule first, print off the schedule from the ARCSI convention website.
- Keep track of your schedule using the Agenda icon (looks like a calendar) at the bottom of the home screen; use to identify what free time you have open for play or other appointments.
- Review your selections by using the My Show icon
- Add Notes to each of your selected booths, events, and products to remind yourself why you have chosen them – click on the small pencil icon in the upper right of any favorited booth, event, or product
- Use the Notes feature to record your thoughts and decisions – for use in Friday’s session on what to do with all of the info you collected at convention
- Be sure to flag all of the Scavenger Hunt participant booths to be eligible to win one of 3 iPad Minis! Use the app to play in the Scavenger Hunt.
- Practice navigating the show floor using the Maps feature in the app. Plan one move at a time with Create a New Route or map out all of your favorites to optimize your time and energy with Open SmartRoute.
We’ll look forward to seeing you at the CleaningBusinessToday.com Booth 3296, right across the aisle from the ARCSI booth!
Originally published on September 21, 2015 at CleaningBusinessToday.com.